About the Journal
Al-Milal: Journal of Religion and Thought (AMJRT) is a double-blind peer reviewed, open access research journal of religions and thoughts published bi-annually by Pakistan Society of Religions (PSR), Islamabad. PSR was established in 2017 with wide consultancy of national and international scholarship in the field of comparative religions and thoughts for comprehensive and creative contribution in this esteemed field of study.
Journal Name: Al-Milal: Journal of Religion and Thought
Affiliation: Al MILAL FOUNDATION
ISSN (Print) : 2663-4392
ISSN (Electronic): 2706-6436
ISSN (CD-ROM): 2708-132X
HEC Pakistan Rank: Y
Frequency: Bi-Annual (2 issues per year)
Nature: Print and Online
Submission: Via OJS System
Languages of Publication: English, Arabic, Urdu
The Scope and Significance
Contemporary world has witnessed rapid changes in the tenor of human thought in general, and of religious thought in particular. Many religious and spiritual issues have become complex for today’s world. Answers to these diverse issues can only be sought through pure and practical research in the field of Religion and Thought. There is also a dire need to reaffirm that the revelation of God is the solution to these issues. To keep with the pace of the challenging scenario, Pakistan Society of Religions -Islamabad has launched its research journal, ‘Al-Milal’, which aims to facilitate research scholars in creating comprehensive and global understanding of religions and modern thought to endorse harmony, respect and diversity.
- The research journal, Al-Milal, is based on Islamic thought of a renowned Muslim theologian, Muhammad b. ‘Abdul Karīm al-Shahrastānī (1086-1158 CE) and the name of the journal is derived from his historic book on the study of religions, al-Milal wa’l-nihal (Religions and Creeds). The vibrant objective of Al-Milal is to excite scholars in enhancing research across religions through various philosophical, sociological and psychological perspectives.
- Another purpose of this journal is to facilitate research scholars in creating a comprehensive and global understanding of religions. Therefore, the research journal ought to have dynamics of critical and analytical approach to explore religious teachings and their application among religious zeal of scholarship.
- It aspires to generate an intellectual edge of reference for the academic study of religion and thought, its approaches and social phenomenon. In addition, it seeks to promote interdisciplinary debate on the role of religion and its interactions with culture and society.
- Moreover, it seeks to address the current issues of the society with social, psychological, political and economic frameworks, while keeping them grounded in scientific methods, in order that proper solutions are discovered for the noble purpose of benefitting humanity.
- Lastly, this journal facilitates to develop close linkage between national and international intellectuals to enhance and improve scholarly research in solving problems related to religious issues concerning the individual and the society.
- One of the main objectives of Al-Milal is to develop a close linkage between the intellectuals and a common man of the society with the help of scholarly research. Moreover, this journal encourages scholars in enhancing their research across religions with its philosophical, sociological and psychological studies.
- It also aims to promote scholarly research on contemporary issues and complexities of modern-day world in addition to the contemporary and traditional approach of research.
- Al-Milal welcomes academic researchers to get their writings published on a vast range of topics of Comparative Religion I.e. Interfaith studies, Interreligious Dialogue, Theology of religions, Islamic and Modern and Western Thought, Orientalism etc.
- This journal also provides analytical reviews on contemporary and historical books and legends of different religions and commentaries on various religious and spiritual issues.
- Moreover, Al-Milal believes in diversity, tolerance and fruitful scholarly discussions and researches. Thus, it welcomes faculty members from various universities national & international, as well as freelance researchers to publish their manuscripts and research works related to Islamic and Religious studies, without any racial or religious discrimination.
- Lastly, it seeks to publish manuscripts and articles after double blind peer review process, which is adhered to the magazine and carried out by leading scientists and specialists in Islamic & Religious Studies in order to enhance Islamic and scientific research that has close linkages with the society.